Massage therapy may help with relaxation and pain relief. As an alternative to visiting a massage therapist, some people use personal massage devices. These devices may provide instant relief in various parts of the body, such as the hands.
This article explores hand massagers, alternatives, and health considerations.
A person may have a hand massage to reduce aches and pain or manage anxiety or stress. A hand massage may also help increase flexibility in the hand.
Hand massagers often have designs that allow a person to place their hand inside the device. The device then creates vibrations that increase blood flow to different areas of the hand.
Some hand massagers may also provide compression, kneading, and heat.
Learn more about types of massage and their benefits here.
Individuals may wish to consider the following when looking to purchase a hand massager:
- Customization: Hand massagers may have various massage modes and heat and compression levels, so a person can choose what is most suitable for them.
- Heat: Massagers generally have an optional heat setting to help further improve blood circulation.
- Portability: A person may wish to choose a lightweight and portable model to take with them when traveling.
- Battery: Individuals may wish to consider the device’s battery life and whether the device is rechargeable or uses utility power.
The products in the next section are readily available on Amazon.
Below, we list some of the best hand massage devices available on the market.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All product information is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Best soft cloth interior
The company claims this model is a universal size and can massage the hand, including the wrist, fingers, and palm.
The massager has the following features:
- six modes and intensity options
- an optional heat function
- two vibration levels
- a soft cloth interior for comfort
- pre-set 15-minute treatment
- a 1-year warranty
Moreover, the massager is cordless, portable, and rechargeable, with a charging time of 4–6 hours and the charge lasting a few days.
The massager also includes hand therapy balls.
The product costs around $89.99 on Amazon.
Best range of features
The Lunix LX3 is cordless, lightweight, and rechargeable and comes in two colors: black and white.
Lunix claims that this product is 100% adjustable to a person’s own needs. The company prides itself on high quality customer service.
Features of this hand massager include:
- six levels of massage and intensity
- a soft interior cushion
The device is based on acupressure therapy and reaches optimal temperature in 8 minutes.
Additionally, the company includes a finger massager with each purchase.
This product is available for around $139.97 on Amazon.
Best palm compression intensity options
This model features a roller massage for the fingers, air pressure, and acupressure therapy to help increase blood circulation.
Other features include:
- three massage modes
- three finger roller intensities
- three palm compression intensities
- a 360-degree full massage
- an optional heat setting
- a 20-minute treatment timer
The device is available for around $109.99 on Amazon.
Best for saving energy
This hand massager requires a person to roll their hand between the rollers. It does not use any electricity, so it may be suitable for those looking to reduce their household energy consumption.
It is also suitable for the wrists, fingers, and arms.
- adjustable pressure
- ridged durable rollers
- suction cups and rubber feet for stability
The massager is suitable for most hand sizes and can also provide a foot massage.
It is available for around $56.97 on Amazon.
Best range of colors
This model from Comfier is available in three colors: black, pink, and white.
Features of this hand massager include:
- three pressure programs
- three levels of intensity
- three heat levels
- rechargeable lithium ion battery
- built-in palm pressure point beads
- an automatic shut-off after 15 minutes
This wireless hand massager is lightweight and portable. It can also massage all fingers individually.
The product is available for around $69.79 on Amazon.
Best kneading massage
CINCOM claims that this rechargeable model targets specifically acupuncture points and can massage the fingers, hand, and wrist.
Additional features include:
- a kneading massage with four massage heads
- air compression
- two optional infrared heat settings
- separate hole for the thumb to rest during the massage
- rechargeable battery that can last for 3–4 hours
- a 15-minute timer
This hand massager is lightweight and portable, and a person can use it while charging.
The product costs around $64.59 on Amazon.
Best massage ball kit
A slightly different style of hand massager, the Gaiam ball kit is designed to exercise the hands and fingers. The company claims the balls help relieve pain and stiffness and increase flexibility.
The kit includes three balls with varying levels of resistance — soft, medium, and firm — and comes with an exercise guide.
The kit is available for around $12.98 on Amazon.